Welcome to the Alaska Outdoors
Welcome to the Alaska Outdoors! We love outdoors. We want to promote outdoor activities to the communities. The purpose of this group site is to communicate, exchange, and invite outdoor activities. Alaska Outdoors hosts year-round free weekly outing events every Monday and Thursday throughout Anchorage area.
No special equipments are necessary. All you need is hiking boots, appropriate clothes, and yourself.
Hope you can join us.
Time: 6:30 – 8:00 pm We start hiking 6:35 pm sharp!
Open to public: Please just show up at the trailhead.
Cost: Free for members. For nonmembers $1.00 per person donation.
Membership: $20.00 per person, $30.00 per family
To receive weekly announcement
Subscribe the mailing list by sending a blank e-mail to
All posts are moderated. You will not receive junk e-mails.
Check past hiked trails
Bear Safety Tips During Hiking
Anchorage is bear country. Learn to be safe outdoors. Your safety, and that of the bears and other trail users, depends on it.
Below are tips to keep you safe in bear country:
- Buddy up. You are safer in a group.
- Make Noise. This will prevent you from surprising a bear.
- Use your senses to stay aware. No headphones!
- Carry bear spray. Have it accessible and know how to use it.
- Don’t feed bears. Handle food, fish and attractants responsibly.
- Slow down. High speed equals high risk in bear habitat.
- Leash your pets. Off-leash pets can bring bears back to you.
- Never run from a bear!
For more information go to Anchorage Bear Awareness Committee
Listen to Bear Safety by Richard Nelson